Niagara Restaurant Roundup – Lost + Found
I’m a sucker for a good taco. I was super excited about a new Mexican restaurant opening up in downtown St. Catharines called Lost + Found.
The interior is super stylish, with a modern feel featuring classic touches. I love the mixture of wood with the bright tiling throughout.
We knew we were going to go a little crazy on the taco front, but we still wanted something to start. We got totopos, which are freshly made tortilla chips served with a selection of hot sauces.
And now for the main attraction.
Did we go overboard? Yes. Is it a great sight to see your entire table covered in tacos? Absolutely.
There were a bunch we really wanted to try, and we really didn’t think they would be as big as they were. And of course we finished them all. This is what we got:
- Carnitas – Green Salt, Pork Confit, Poblano & Carrot Escabeche, Salsa De Arbol, Crema, Pickled Onions
- Cauliflower “Al Pastor” – Pinenuts, Seville Orange, Olives, Pineapple Pico, Salsa Roja, Crema
- Huevo Ranchero – Sunny Up Huevo, Black Been Refrito, Avocado, Shredded Kale, Guajillo Ranchero, Pico De Gallo
- Pocho Chicken – Mole Poblano, Queso Fresco, Pickled Onions, Pepitas, Crema, Valentina’s
- Veracruz – Masa Battered Rockfish, Crunchy Slaw, Aioli Veracruz, Pico De Gallo
- Short Rib Barbacoa – Smoked Chili Braise, Charred Onions, Salsa Boracho, Pineapple Pico, Hickory Sticks
- Carne Asada – Mojo De Ajo Marinated Skirt Steak, Medium Pink, Black Bean Refritos, Salsa Negra, Chimichurri, Pickled Onions
They were all really great. Our favourites were the Barbacoa and Carne Asada. The ones we would skip next time are the Cauliflower and Pocho Chicken.
The restaurant also has an extensive drink menu, which we passed on for now but the next time I go you better believe I’m getting a margarita.
The food was excellent. There is quite a bit of variety on the menu, so everyone in a group would be able to find something they like. Keep in mind, parking is St. Catharines isn’t easy to navigate and we had to park pretty far from the restaurant.
I can’t wait to go back!