Sangria Sunday – Christmasy Sangria
Do you need something to help you get through the holiday season? Maybe to impress your friends and family? Maybe you just love beverages with snacks in them? Well do I have the drink for you. I made this Christmasy Sangria for a friendsmas get-together.
- 1 bottle of red wine (it truly could be anything, a cab merlot usually works well in something like this. Don’t spend too much money on it, you will mostly be tasting Christmas cheer anyway)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) of spiced rum
- apple cider
- a dash of cinnamon
- apple, orange, cranberries
- a fairly large sangria holder (a jug, a cooler, a container, a boot, whatever you want really)
- Pour your wine in your jug first, followed by the rum. Top off the jug with apple cider.
- Sprinkle in some cinnamon, stir until it is blended in with your beverage mixture.
- Cut up your fruit and throw that in there too.
- Let the sangria mixture marinade for a couple hours in the fridge.
- Serve to an adoring crowd.
Hot Tip: Freeze some cranberries for an icy component without diluting the sangria.