Mini M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies I couldn’t resist picking up some mini m&m’s at the bulk food store, and thought that cookies would be the best vehicle for them. I used the chocolate chip cookie recipe from the Joy of Cooking. I replaced half of […]
As a child, I hated breakfast for dinner. As an adult, I have completely embraced it. Sorry mom!
We had exactly two large tortillas left that we wanted to use up, and I thought that breakfast burritos would be the way to go.
These are super easy and quick. You can also customize them any way you want, if you’d prefer to use more veggies, or a different kind of meat.
Just a really solid Breakfast Burrito
- 6 slices of bacon
- 10 oz sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cups hashbrowns
- 2 tortillas
- just as much grated cheese as you want
- 1/3 cup milk
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- Cook the bacon first to your desired crispness. Save the grease in the pan
- Separately, cook the the sausage, onions and hash browns in the pan in the reserved bacon grease
- In a small bowl, whisk two eggs, half the milk and a bit of cheese. Spray a hot pan with your choice of cooking spray, the pour in the egg mixture. Cook until top doesn’t jiggle. Remove from pan.
- Do it all again with the other two eggs, the rest of the milk, and some more cheese.
- Assemble the burrito by first sprinkling a little cheese on the warmed tortilla. Then laying down the egg, topping with the meat, hash browns, onions, and more cheese. Top with hot sauce and sour cream if desired.
- Roll it!
I loved these burritos. Cooking everything in the bacon grease adds a really wonderful layer of flavour. This is the perfect dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.