Mini M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies I couldn’t resist picking up some mini m&m’s at the bulk food store, and thought that cookies would be the best vehicle for them. I used the chocolate chip cookie recipe from the Joy of Cooking. I replaced half of […]
Tag: recipe testing
The things I love in a recipe include; some form of salty, cured meat, Parmesan, garlic, and it being written by a social media celeb. This has it all.
I love both of Chrissy Teigen’s cookbooks. I find that the recipes are pretty easy to follow and they’re real crowd-pleasers. These cookbooks are also great stories, and they’re a funny read. Sometimes I will pick one of them up as a bedtime story.
I made this Cacio e Pepe recently for some friends and it was incredibly easy to make, and my friends were impressed. Don’t tell them how easy it is! They’ll be even more impressed. This recipe comes from Chrissy’s first cookbook, Cravings.
Here’s the recipe:
- kosher salt
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 1/4 pound pancetta or bacon (I used prosciutto!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 3 cups baby arugula
- boil a large pot of heavily salted water, and cook the spaghetti al dente
- in a large skillet fry up your pancetta/bacon/prosciutto until crispy, and then add the olive oil, red pepper flakes, pepper, and lemon juice
- drain pasta and add to the skillet, add in the parm, add in a few spoons of the pasta water to help coat the pasta in cheese
- toss in the arugula and let it wilt
- season to taste
Some substitutions – like I said in the recipe, I used prosciutto instead of pancetta or bacon. I just really love prosciutto, and take any opportunity I can to eat it. I also didn’t add much chili flakes because one of my friends is adverse to spice, so I just left the chili flakes on the table for others to add as they pleased. I also used a shit ton more parm, because that is how I choose to live my life.
I cannot wait to make this recipe again. I really can’t believe how easy it is, and it is unbelievably delicious.
I am obsessed with Chrissy Teigen’s cookbooks. I have made quite a few recipes from them with great success. Please buy them. Or rent them out at your local library. She has a great way of making cooking approachable and fun, which it should be!